Saturday, March 1, 2008

To Kill a Mockingbird

It's terrible and shocking that here I am at 37 years old and this is the first time I've ever read To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee. But it's true.

What a wonderful story. This should be required reading for every citizen in America. I used to think that Demi Moore and Bruce Willis were mad for naming their daughter "Scout." But now I need to get a dog so that I can name it Atticus Finch.

If you haven't read this incredible book, do hop down to your local library and check out a copy. You'll be glad you did.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes - it's a wonderful book and I've seen the play.
af

angela adams said...

Yikes, I haven't read it either. Sounds like I need to hop to it!

Missy said...

I thought this was required reading! Well, glad you finally got around to this one. I think it is on the favorite book list of most people I know (who read).

So I guess this now knocks your "To Read" list down to about 2999 books :)