Sunday, March 9, 2008

Black Bean Brownies

I think you probably won't believe me when I say this, but this recipe makes some GREAT brownies! Honestly, just try it before passing judgment. And for those of us watching our girlish figures, these brownies are only 2 Weight Watchers points each (use the information for the dry brownie mix that you use to figure this out).

Black Bean Brownies
1 15-oz can black beans
1 cup of water
1 box of brownie mix

Puree the black beans and water in a blender. Fold the black bean puree into the dry brownie mix. Bake. Seriously, that's it.

I found that I had to bake the brownies about twice as long as directed on the box, as the black beans take longer to set up than oil and eggs would. You'll have to just keep an eye on them and see how long yours takes.

Let me know what you think!

4 comments:

Missy said...

Hmmm, I love brownies and I like black beans, but I don't know if I can mix them together.

Karen L. Mahon, Ed.D. said...

trust me. try it. i wouldn't steer you wrong when it comes to food.

Anonymous said...

The most difficult part about eating the brownies is knowing that the black beans are in there. They taste just fine, but difficult to get over mentally.

angela adams said...

wow -- I'm going to the store today! I've loved everything you've introduced me to thus far....but this will be the real test!