Monday, March 17, 2008

Tappity tap tap tap

Some of you already know...but many of you don't...that my new thing is tap dancing. I've been taking adult classes since September and it is SO much fun. It's exercise that doesn't seem like exercise...and those of you who know me best know that exercise isn't exactly my favorite thing to do.

I'm taking classes two nights a week from a wonderful teacher in Lexington named Valery Marcantonio. Her group is called "All That Tap." We really have a great time and the people are so nice and fun. One of the interesting things about dancing as an adult is that I find I really don't compare myself to anyone else...it's just all about improving each week.

Dancing for exercise is something I would definitely recommend to any "grown ups" looking to get more movement into your routine. If I can do it, you can do it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm taking orders for the DVD of the tap recital in May. Contact Karen to place an order. The interest level will determine whether I buy a camcorder or use my phone to record Karen's first tap show!

Missy said...

Please, sign me up for the DVD!! Or better yet, put it on YouTube.

Karen, do you get to make martial arts sounds...

angela adams said...

I expect a pre-show performance when I am in town!!!!

Anonymous said...

Forget about the DVD, this I want to see Live on Stage!